Please wear white clothes
- Please wear smooth-soled sneakers (any color)
- Please arrive on-time (15minutes late=”no” play)
- Please sign in at the desk before every class
- Please respect the staff and other players
- Protect yourself w/ sun block/hats/water
- Parents, please don’t go on the court
- Please put away your racket
- Please call with as much notice as possible if missing a class
- More than 2 absences = your spot given to a child on the wait list
- If weather is questionable, please wait until a half hour before the class to call to see if classes are on. We try very hard not to cancel!
- Please Respect the facility, staff, and each other.
In more detail:
To enroll in classes at Vineyard Youth Tennis, the child must be in first grade. To determine eligibility for the minimum age of enrollment, we abide by the Massachusetts public school guidelines regarding criteria for first grade admission, regardless of how the child is educated, be it home schooling, public, Charter or any other type of education. To enroll and receive free instruction for classes at VYT, a child must reside on Marthas Vineyard year round and attend an island school or reside on Marthas Vineyard and commute to Falmouth Academy. We have defined year round to be residing on the island for 10 consecutive months (or more) out of a calendar year. Enrolling in an island school in and of itself does not constitute year round status.
Class sessions run for 7 or 8 weeks (4 weeks in summer). Registration is held on a first come, first served basis with a waiting list. Children not playing in a current session qualify for the “Early Registration” the next session. This does not guarantee a spot, but does give an added advantage in enrolling. Classes reflect the grade level and tennis ability of the children who have signed up.
Our class schedule follows the public school calendar. For example, for the most part (there are exceptions), if school is closed, we do not hold classes that day/days. However, we may open for Open Courts, Round Robins, etc, so please always call if you have any questions, or check our website.
For the first day of registration, registration must be done by speaking to a live person over the phone (no walk ins, voice mail messages, or emails acknowledged) and must be done by the parent of the child who wishes to enroll. Parents must also fill out a registration card before their child attends class.
To receive notice of all events going on at VYT (including upcoming registrations) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Please note (as stated above) that the minimum grade accepted to enroll in classes is first grade. If your child is younger (at least 5 years of age), you may still send us the following information to receive emails from us. We offer many events, such as an occasional “Munchkin Day” for preschool and kindergarten aged children.
Child’s age and grade:
Phone number (home):
Phone number (cell):